Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sasquatch is a Pansy

In my zeal to watch something Halloweenie on Netflix tonight, I scraped the bottom of the barrel, found a false bottom under it, dug some more, and finally hit the real bottom of the barrel. Occupying that nether level was the movie I watched: Assault on Sasquatch.

It is a combination of bads for sure. It has the bad acting bad, the bad set pieces bad, bad continuity, bad creature effects, bad editing, bad direction, bad exposition, bad sound, and just a lot of bad moments that make you think in terms of "These guys suck."

It could have been worse, I suppose. Sasquatch could have married the leading lady. Or man. Maybe in the sequel.

5 comments:

  1. It is really hard to find a good scary movie nowadays..

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can muster up the courage, what a cool blog series idea: "Bad Movies I've Loved to Hate."


    With a little head's up, blog readers could join the fun. Like Oprah's Book Club really, only with popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is nearly impossible to find a good quality, well acted scary movie. I don't even put slasher movies in the scary movie category just because none of them come close to frightening me, except in the fact that it scares me that someone would put millions of dollars up to make movies like them.

    I also love the idea of a blog for bad movies that I love to hate, too. It could be really fun, and readers could weigh in on the movies and share thoughs and reviews. Definitely have to roll that one around in the brain a bit to see how to make it work.

    Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teenage Zombies. King of the Zombies. Both movies I watched this weekend that were BAD SCARY MOVIES I'VE LOVED TO HATE. But both of them made me giggle with glee. One is a 1950's cheesefest. The other is an incredibly racist 1940's stereotype. But a HILARIOUS incredibly racist 1940's stereotype.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tonight, I introduced my family to GOOD scary. Turner Classic Movies aired "The Haunting", directed by Robert Wise. They learned that you can have goose bumps and chills from little more than good camera work and very good sound effects. Even my 17 year old son was suitably impressed...and scared. Hell, so was I, and I've seen that movie at least three times.

    ReplyDelete