If you like Random Thoughts Tuesday, take a look at Keely, the Un Mom. Go ahead, it won't kill you. It's way better than reading my crap. And she invented it, to boot.
- As a child, my favorite color was blue. No fancy tints or hues, just blue, right from the color wheel.
- Blue is a smooth word. Surprisingly, it is also the color blue. Not all the words for the colors are the color they describe.
- Brown is clear. Yellow is White. Green is Pale Green. Red is Reddish Brown. Black is Black.
- My first name has the same feeling as an even number. Not surprisingly, I like even numbers better than odd numbers. However, my last name is pointy, coarse, and has an odd number feeling to it.
- All music to me is sightly flat. Or better put, my entire inner musical "ear" is sharp. I can pick out tones just fine, and can sing in tune, but my scale wants to be a quarter tone off (which is actually half way between two normal tones in a regular scale).
- However, both my mother and one of my sons have Absolute Pitch, which is rare for even the most accomplished musicians.
- You don't even want to know how music affects me, but let's just say it has a multitude of smells and colors.
Speaking of music...
Behold! The McIntosh Reference System!
This can be yours for a mere $235,000.
Yes, you read that correctly.
Actually, that was the price two years ago. I'm sure it's gone up a bit since then. The speakers at each end are seven feet tall. There are some drool marks on this from when I was looking it over and trying to act casual about it.
Photo by me and iPhone, March 2009.