Monday, August 22, 2011

Don't Rush Me! I'm Getting Old As Fast As I Can.

Tick
Tock
Tick
Tock
Tick
Tock
Tick           (decade)
Tock
Tick
Tock
                                    Tick                (more decades)          
Tock
Tick
Tock
Tick
Tock                    (epochs)
Tick
Tock
Tick
Tock
Tick
Tock
Tick
Tock


The clock in my office: I notice it only when
out of its reach and
I don't hear its inexorable ticking.

And tocking.


I could measure my birthdays in minutes, but
I don't want to.
I'd be too tempted to ask myself,
"How many minutes do I have left?"

I don't want to know.

If Roy Batty couldn't know, then
why should I know?

§§§§§


Thomas Hobbes, there are times when I wish you weren't so damn right.

SPNBS



3 comments:

  1. I only feel especially old when I look at my face and I can't quite find the comely young man I once was. (He's hiding somewhere in my face behind my old-guy eyebrows.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nubian: Starting to feel it a bit. More likely just feeling sorry for myself at turning 50. I like to call it "reflective whining". :-)

    @dbs: I still find the Shrek-looking guy in the mirror to be a surprise every time I see him, expecting to see the blond haired golden boy instead! And what's with the hair growth in the nose and ears???

    ReplyDelete