Monday, September 19, 2011

Quickies, Toejam, and Appreciation

I have just a few, somewhat random thingy-bops to jot down.

I got to use the word(s?) Toejam in a sentence tonight. It felt really good. The recipient of the sentence is a great blogger. She is under-appreciated. Read her blog and you'll know what I mean.

Mrs. Tuna is awesome: http://workingwomansguidetodinner.blogspot.com/

Appreciation, now that I'm on it...if you feel it toward someone, show it, say it, scream it to that person. Not later, but now. I want you all to do this, because I know that every one of us has someone we appreciate but have failed to acknowledge. And you never know if tomorrow will be too late. Think about how good it feels when someone lets you know you're appreciated for something. Pretty good, isn't it?

Yeah. Spread that stuff around a bit.
Now.

Quickies? Not what you think, although the ones you thought of have merit, too.
Quickies has to do with the aforementioned acknowledging of appreciation. As in it doesn't take very long to do. A mere few seconds of your time can mean the difference between a good day and a bad day for someone. Or deeper still, between someone feeling despondent or hopeful.

So give somebody a quickie today and make them feel really fabulous.

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to phrase it to my wife exactly like you said. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE AND APPRECIATE YOU.

    Now you know and knowledge is power baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @DBS: I'm sure she'll appreciate knowing she's appreciated!

    @Nicki: Thanks.

    @Nubian: Thanks.

    ReplyDelete