Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thankfully, You All Forgot...

Yes, I know that many moons ago I promised to put some short items in here about science topics that getted all balled up and are never taught, or never taught properly.

It's not like I lied. I've just been busy and I think I lost my draft of the piece on Centripetal Force. It's probably somewhere. Might have been flung off the Merry-go-round into space. I'm looking for it.

I did send part of the first draft out to someone to look over, so I'm hoping it still exists in email limbo. Time to check sent messages and see what comes up.

But here's the really, really short version, just for the heck of it.

What you think of and call Centrifugal Force (see the Merry-go-round comment above) is actually the absence of the Centripetal Force. Centrifugal Force is not a considered a "real" force.

There's your teaser.

And if the person I sent the draft to could let me know if it still exists, I would be grateful.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds very passive aggressive. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I love the idea. I'm constantly debunking 'science' things at work. I'm not a scientist, I'm just a glorified babysitter, but I really like making kids think.

    Last week we had a wood discussion. About how horrifying it is to (gasp) CUT DOWN A TREE!

    So I'll look forward to the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, now I'm having flashbacks to getting on playground merry go rounds and being flung off from non Centripetal Force

    ReplyDelete